Tuesday, February 26, 2008

week 5-preparation

This past week was a pretty difficult week. I went home to knoxville this weekend and I thought I would be able to eat well while I was gone. I took protein bars, an orange, and 100 calorie snacks. I thought that was enough preparation for me to survive the weekend at home.
Boy was I wrong!! Don't get me wrong, I didn't completely fall off the wagon, but it was a rough weekend. Thankfully, Friday night my mom and I split a meal at Chili's(my favorite restaurant). When i got on their website afterwards I was shocked at how many calories is in every entree they serve!! I drank a lot of regular Coke--I seriously love that stuff and its hard to give it up:(
Saturday night my family cooked hamburgers and hotdogs before the UT/Memphis game. I felt so dissatisfied with my hotdog(well a terezo) that I had a tomato and lettuce sandwich. Then I kept snacking on spinach dip during the game. AND I had 2 pieces of cookie cake. I did drink Diet pepsi though:)
Sunday I got up early and drove back here to Lexington so I could study for a test on Monday. I stopped at the gas station and had 2 nutrigrain bars and juice. THEN, 2 hours later I had McDonalds for lunch--Man, oh man, bad choices, bad choices!
I'm not beating myself up too much about this weekend because I learned a lot. This new way of life is pretty easy when I am in my semi structured school environment. It is not easy when i am flying by the seat of my pants and trying to relax at the same time. I made some good choices and I made some bad choices this weekend. I learned that having a food life that is pleasing to Christ is just like everything else that He calls us too--what is that you say? DISCIPLINE and PREPARATION.
I wasn't prepared this weekend. I thought through a few things like taking my own food home with me. I didn't think through eating on the road. I didn't think through eating out a lot. I didn't think through a buffet type dinner without real food(where were the fruits and veggies???). I'm working on the discipline, but I haven't really given any thought to the preparation. God showed me I need to be prepared for situations like this weekend. I'm really going to have to think about some things that can help me continue to be successful especially when I am traveling and/or away from home.
Any suggestions would be great!

No comments: