Thursday, February 28, 2008

Amalie's Foiled Chicken Fajitas!!

To preface this recipe, you must know that when I was 9 years old, I went to a place called Camp Ba Yo Ca. When I returned the next summer as a 10 year old I went on my first camp out and experienced HOBO STEW!! If you have never had it, it is awesome! I love it!! It is ground beef, onion, carrots, potato, mustard, and ketchup mixed together and cooked in an aluminum foil packet on the coals of a campfire.
I don't have a campfire on hand, BUT, sometimes I make Hobo Stew in my oven. Since I started on this weightloss journey, I have begun experimenting with aluminum foil packet cooking. I love slicing up a potato and putting in a packet and cooking it. Tonight I tried an awesome idea which I am calling "Amalie's Foiled Chicken Fajitas"
Here is my recipe

1 chicken breast per person
sliced green peppers
sliced onions
sliced mushrooms
diced tomatoes

Preheat oven to 450. Place chicken breast on a long sheet of aluminum foil. Add desired amounts of onions, mushrooms, peppers, and tomatoes. Make foil packet and cook for about 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

That's it! Simple and easy. Once mine was done tonight I scooped out the chicken and veggies because it was very juicy. At first I was just going to eat mine "streaker" style as they say at Moe's, but my tomatoes with green chilis was getting a little hot for me. So, I put the remaining chicken on a tortilla with a little shredded soy cheese(I'm lactose intolerant). It was great!

My chicken was a large piece of chicken and with adding the tortilla and soy cheese, I calculated my meal to only be a total of 517 calories, 9.5 g fat, 45.4 carbs, 40.8 g protein, and 19.2 g fiber.
WOO HOO FOR TRYING NEW THINGS!

No comments: