Monday, February 4, 2008

SWEATING!!

First let me say, that I am the queen of procrastination right now. I have a test tomorrow and haven't really begun the proper studying for it. Instead, I am blogging about my workout tonight.
Tonight was the beginning of my 3rd week of working out. I am not sure that this will ever get any easier. Well, it feels like it will always be hard, but that is because I am hopefully always going to push myself to go further!
Tonight we started with cardio and then did a strength training circuit. My trainer wanted me to do 30 minutes on the elliptical or bicycle. I knew that I couldn't do either for that long. So we compromised. I did 10 minutes on the elliptical and 20 minutes on the bike. The great thing about that was I did the elliptical for 5 more minutes than I thought that I could.
Now getting to the title of this article. When I started on the elliptical, I started sweating almost immediately. AND, I just kept sweating and sweating and sweating. It felt like it started to pour out of my body once I got on the bicycle. I don't think that I have ever had such a soaked shirt in my entire life--except for the days when I would swim in a tshirt. Yes, that is how sweaty I was!!
I went over to do the strength training circuit and at one point had to lay on a mat. When I got up there was a wet imprint of where I had just been laying--YUCK! However, it does feel good to have that much sweat in me. I do feel like I worked hard tonight.
Two things I am proud of: 1. my trainer telling me I look good when I sweat. 2. moving from really sissy push ups to moderately sissy pushups!!

No comments: