Thursday, January 17, 2008

Pot Roast

I am trying to do a little more cooking than I have done in the past year. Most of the time, I just don't like to cook since it is just me. I will usually do easy things like putting a lean cuisine or healthy choice in the microwave.
Last week I fixed white chicken chili and it lasted the entire week. This week I did a pot roast which was awesome if I do say so my self!
Here is how I made it: I bought a bottom round roast and followed the cooking directions on the package. I can't remember exactly how much mine weighed but I cooked it for 2 hours on 300. Before I put the roast in the oven I rubbed sea salt and pepper on both sides. I cut up potatoes, carrots, and onions and placed in an aluminum foil packet and cooked along side the roast for 2 hours.
Another way you can cook all of this is to put it in a crock pot for about 5-6 hours until the meat is cooked through. That used to be the way we would prepare sunday lunch when I was growing up and was one of my favorite meals.
I don't have a crock pot or a roasting pan. So, I cooked the meat in a bread pan so I had to improvise on roasting the veggies which turned out delicious! I'm not sure what I'm going to cook next week, but I will share it with you. I'm mainly trying to cook more because I feel like I eat better food when I prepare it myself.

2 comments:

carriehayes said...

way to go on cooking!! that will help a lot! share more recipes as you keep cooking! i love recipes!

breaking free said...

I love recipes too. I just bought a subscription to taste of home magazine!!