Monday, January 21, 2008

My First Workout

If I could make this font shaky, I would because that is how I feel right now. I just got back from my first workout with the Time To Change trainer. On mondays my trainers name is Johnny. He had a big circuit workout set up for us where we did each exercise for about 1 1/2 minutes.
Things were going well until I had to go up and down the stairs. Then I got back and had to do lunges. Johnny told me he wanted me to take a little larger step while I did them. Well, I stepped out with my right foot...Let me explain that I have very lax(loose) ligaments. I have fallen many times in my life just from walking with nothing to trip over. So, you see where this is going. I step out with my right foot and down I went. My ankle gave right out on me. So, embarrassing!
Then I moved on to the next station and felt very queezy and light headed. I thought, "OH, NO" So, I told him I had to take a break. I sat down for a few minutes. Well, more like 5 minutes. Then I got back with it and finished my workout.
I have been done working out for about an hour now and I am still very shaky. I'm really going to have to figure out this whole eating thing. At 4:30 I had a banana and 2 slices of bread with melted soy cheese. My workout was at 6:30. I've never been told I have problems with my glucose but I felt so shaky during my workout. If anyone has any suggestions on what I should do for my next work out I would appreciate it. I think I will try to eat a little later next time.
Pray that I can walk to my classes tomorrow!

2 comments:

Jane Anne said...

I am sorry to hear about your fall but excited to hear about the 1st workout!

breaking free said...

thanks! The second workout was much better--harder but no falls:)