Monday, September 24, 2007

STRESS

Today is a day that I could definately eat myself out of house and home literally! We have so much going on with PA school, and I'm very stressed out. As I was driving home from class, I wanted to stop and get something from the gas stations or Arby's which I passed by. Its hard to explain the feelings I had. I just had this overwhelming urge to gorge on food.
I don't really know why I feel that way, but I know that moments like this have led me to be who I am today. I have sort of used food to check out of the world. I call it my very visible wall that I have put up between myself and the world. I hope that I will be strong in resisting more moments like these.
Thankfully, I just kept on driving. I didn't stop and in my house I only have relatively good choices of food. I'm trying to wait to eat until I am truly hungry.
My prayer lately is that with every pound that I lose, I will deal with the hurts and pains that I allowed to end up as added weight to my body. I think when it boils down to it, I have been holding on to many things. I pray daily that I will have the courage to LET GO!

No comments: