Monday, September 10, 2007

A BAD DAY

Today was a very bad day. It is very hard to explain, but right now in school we are having to learn how to do physical exams. I am not very comfortable with ANYONE touching me (even my own doctor). So, I asked two other girls that I felt I could let poke and prod on me. Then this new lady in our class came in. We tried to tell her that there were already three of us. I was SO embarrassed and almost started crying right there. I didn't know how to tell her that I did not feel comfortable with her in the room.
I think that she also threw off the other two girls because I didn't feel like we got much accomplished. Anyway, I've felt horrible for the rest of the afternoon.
Today proves to me that I really do need to get some help. This problem is truly larger than myself.(no pun intended) So, I did what I have been putting off for some time and that is call about counseling. I'm going to my doctor here on Wednesday to ask for a referral. Hopefully, I am ready to work through the issues.
On a brighter note, a couple of ladies in my PA class and I are weighing in every Wed. This wednesday will be our first weigh in. I have been eating HMR foods for the past 2 weeks and am doing really well!
Well friends that all for now!

1 comment:

Jane Anne said...

I am sorry to hear about your bad day. I am praying for you now... that you will have strength and peace. I will pray that your doctor appt goes well tomorrow and that you feel surprisingly comfortable with the visit and the prospect of counseling.