Wednesday, June 13, 2007

week 1

Well, it was a start. It wasn't perfect but I did better than the week before and the week before that and I guess that is all I can ask of myself. I did not meet most of my goals but I worked on them. I only went 2 full days without drinking coke. However, the rest of the days, I limited myself to only drinking coke at one meal. I wrote down most of what I ate. As far as the quiet times go they were lacking. I also worked out only twice instead of three times.
A "blessing" for me has been that we have to walk to class right now instead of riding the bus to the college of health sciences. It takes about 10 minutes one way so that is extra movement for me.
Today, I started the new week off right by swimming for 30 minutes. YEAH! It was fun and hard at the same time. I haven't been in the pool in about six months and have lost all my endurance. So, my goals for this week are pretty much the same as last. Foodwise, I want to journal everything I eat. I want to cut back on the cokes even more especially since we learned in our oral health class that they are basically "Acid on your teeth." Workout wise I want to stick with 30 minutes 3 times a week. Spiritually, I have to have my quiet times.
OH, I did not lose any weight this past week. One HUGE struggle is going homes on the weekends. My mom doesn't cook very much and we eat out alot. So, I am going to have to start making better choices when I eat out. Also, for the 3 hour drive back and forth, I have to start packing healthy food with me.
So, that is all for this week. Hang in there with me! Thanks for the encouragement!

No comments: